I had an epic Belgian biscuit failure this week. I think it had something to do with the brown sugar component.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought brown sugar was meant to be firmly packed when measured. Apparently not, in the case of Belgian biscuits because I ended up with a tray of wafer thin, chewy Belgian goop.
In baking terms, it was a disaster of almost nuclear proportions.
With the remains on the compost heap being devoured by our resident ant army (my war on ants is a story for another post), it was back to the stove to rustle something else up.
I made a jar of lemon curd last winter but didn't want to risk the eggs while I was pregnant. Instead I watched dejectedly while it was demolished by my incredibly eager husband.
Nothing was going to stop me this year and I've hit it pretty hard since whipping this up. It's amazing on toast - thick, lemony and delicious - and I'm planning on making some little lemon meringue tarts before we polish it off.