Saturday, 14 July 2012

Go, Greased Lightning

I've never been the fastest mover.  In the days before motherhood, it wasn't uncommon for my morning routine to take the best part of an hour.   I'd start with a nice hot cuppa while watching the news on TV then take my sweet, selfish, quite inconsiderate time in the shower before getting dressed, made up and off to work.  I had all that time and yet somehow I always ended up rushing.

Now, having learnt to do a ridiculous amount in an even more ridiculous timeframe, I can be organised and out the door in under 20 minutes.  You'll notice there is no mention of the cuppa in my new routine - on the days it eventuates, it invariably goes cold before I'm halfway through.

So, in the spirit of speed, here's another throw-it-all-in-the-bowl-and-stir recipe.  It sounds too good to be true but I made this yesterday and it was mixed and in the tin before my oven had even preheated. 

10 MINUTE CARROT CAKE

Ingredients
2 C grated carrot
2 eggs
1 C sugar
3/4 C cooking oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/4 Cups self-raising flour
2-3 tsp cinnamon
2-3 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Method
Mix all together and pour into a greased tin (I use a ring tin but only because that's what Mum always used - I'm sure it'd be fine in a 20cm round tin).  Bake at 180 for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed.  Allow to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes then turn on to a wire rack.  When completely cool, ice with cream cheese icing.

I hope there's something this delicious at your house!   


2 comments:

  1. Hi there, is there really no sugar in this cake? Thank you. I'm enjoying reading your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well spotted! Have fixed that in the recipe.

    ReplyDelete